[FoRK] "Hastert lectures McCain on sacrifice"

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 05:14:43 PDT 2004

Since when is it conservative to push for ever bigger deficits,
and a more liberal or moderate position to have some concern
for how that saddles future generations? I guess it's must be
my liberal tendencies that make me want to kick Dennis
Hastert's ass.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Politics/Headlines/03LegislatureNPOL03052004.htm

Here's the bottom line, folks. The radical right has destroyed
the GOP. You are deluding yourself if you think the GOP still
stands for conservative values such as fiscal responsibility,
accountability, stewardship, federalism, and personal freedom.
Goldwater is dead. The old-time Republicans such as McCain
are now considered moderate, and many of them are being
targeted by the regnant radical right. Until there is an
internal revolt or the party fractures, the GOP should be
viewed as one and the same as the radical right, promoting
ever-expanding government, jingoism, corporate welfare,
state religion, spend for today with no worry for tomorrow,
morality police, and sexual regimentation. Accept the facts
on the ground.