[FoRK] Meta-Slashdot. Next-gen Web: so slow as to be unusable? ; -)

Contempt for Meatheads jbone at place.org
Thu May 20 12:44:17 PDT 2004

/. is running this:

Web Redesigned With Hindsight
Posted by CmdrTaco on Thursday May 20, @02:42PM
from the just-give-me-two-way-links dept.
Randy Sparks writes "Tim Berners-Lee has been speaking about his vision
for the Web. He proposed the Semantic Web six years ago and it's taken
that long for the W3C to ratify his plans for Resource Description
Framework (RDF) and the OWL Web Ontology Language (OWL). Effective the
Semantic Web is the Web as we know it put into database form and with
added metadata. You can read more about it over on MacWorld and see a
Semantic Web proof-of-concept at the Web Archive."

--

Interestingly, if I hit the link to the mentioned Web Archive (
http://w3photo.org/ ) --- it just spins, and spins, and spins, takes

I'm amused that Slashdot is running this --- or that MacWorld is
writing about it.  What's news, here?

jb