[FoRK] The Economist: US Foreign Policy, Terrorism, and Spot Oil

Contempt for Meatheads jbone at place.org
Thu May 20 20:47:52 PDT 2004

Yet another way the fuckers are stealing your money.  JRobb, reading
The Economist so that your science can be not-so-dismal:

  The Economist: [1] Those who watch the oil market reckon that this
(the terrorism premium) is currently worth between $4 and $8 a barrel.
Before Iraq, this was $0.  This should be part of a terrorism index.  I
should probably make a proposal for this.  One thing that I would
include is US unpopularity [2] in Islamic countries (this impacts
terrorist recruitment) -- this data indicates that things have improved
somewhat since the high point during the summer of 2003.

[1] http://www.economist.com/opinion/displayStory.cfm?story_id=2686197
[2] http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?PageID=796

--

Illegitimi non carborundum,