[FoRK] sickening Bush factoid N+1

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Fri May 21 11:14:13 PDT 2004

Lucas Gonze wrote:
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5024068/
> Delta Force soldiers routinely drug prisoners, hold a prisoner under water
> until he thinks hes drowning, or smother them almost to suffocation.

Dubya is a member of Delta Force?  I had no idea.  (Really, describing
this as a "sickening Bush factoid" seems a wee bit absurd.)

This has been SOP for Delta Force since it was founded and authorized
under the Carter administration.  These are the guys authorized to do
the really dirty work of the US government, 007 without the girls or the
style (though "La Femme Nikita" is a closer picture to their actual
mission).  They have guidelines they follow, but most of what they do is
illegal by definition as far as I know.  The Guidos of the US government.

It is worth pointing out that the nature of what Delta Force does is why
there were very strong objections when it surfaced that the Janet Reno
Justice Department had involved them in the Waco mess.

j. andrew rogers