[FoRK] Now with magic pixie dust!

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri May 21 19:35:28 PDT 2004

That should have read something like "a non-wire format in-memory
representation" or "a parse working data representation of the XML
document".

I believe that RAX uses the index of variable data method: the XML
document is parsed in FPGAs which produces an XPath -> Data mapping.
This, along with the original text, allows you to quickly access any
'payload' you want.  This has also been proposed in other ways.

This is a cool method, but it isn't as ambitious as my esXML
architecture and design.  http://esxml.org
esXML won't need hardware to do it's magic, but hardware might be
beneficial for XML 1.0 -> esXML conversions and crypto.

Michael and I met at Extreme Markup Languages 2003 in Montreal.  We have
had many talks and we have done some inline skating together in Montreal
and the San Jose area, at least.

sdw