[FoRK] Bush: Turkey model for democracy in middle east

Aidan Kehoe kehoea at parhasard.net
Sun Jun 27 12:23:49 PDT 2004

 Ar an 27ú lá de mí 6, scríobh Joseph S. Barrera III:

 > >  Am I reading this right, that we didn't need to set up Iraq as a
 > >  model for democracy in the middle east? We already had Turkey
 > >  showing the way?

Hey, you alreadly had Israel, too, remember? </trolling>

 > Not to defend Bush (!) but this is my reading:
 >
 > Turkey is (arguably) European, not Middle Eastern.

Nope. I mean, if Giscard d'Estaing gets over himself, and if they do sort
out their generally shit human rights record, I'd be happy to welcome them
into the EU, but today, and now, it's not a European country.

--
I don't care if it rains or freezes/'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car.