[FoRK] Artificial sweeteners may interfere with body's ability to regulate food intake

Elias Sinderson elias at cse.ucsc.edu
Mon Jul 5 10:56:01 PDT 2004

Michael wrote:

> [...] I wonder which sweeteners they studied though as there is quite
> an assortment. I wonder if there is a difference between products
> using something like Equal and those using something like Splenda. [...]

I wouldn't be surprised if there are differences in the way that various
artificial sweeteners affect you. While I can't speak for Splenda [TM],
there's a fair amount of research on aspartame in particular that is
quite horrifying - especially when considering the speed with which it
was approved by the FDA... Kind of makes one wonder how well the FDA is
'protecting the consumer' in other respects.

Regards,
Elias