[FoRK] Meta-deceit: Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 911

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Fri Jul 9 00:27:17 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 14:37:52 -0500, "Jeff Bone" <jbone at place.org> said:
> meticulous and yet glaringly intellectually dishonest partisan
> deconstructions of his film such as this one merely underscore the
> obsessive pathology of the right these days

I would have thought the same could be said of the film itself relative
to the left (except, perhaps, for the "meticulous" part).

What annoys me most about the film (and Michael Moore in general) is my
otherwise intelligent left-wing friends have allowed their hatred of
Bush to cloud their judgement into accepting Moore's propaganda as fact
(NB: not saying you, Jeff)

If it wasn't so depressing, I'd find it a fascinating study in how
propaganda works.

I can't wait till Bush loses so I don't have to hear so much about
Michael Moore.

James
--
  James Tauber               http://jtauber.com/