[FoRK] Best, free image manipulation program for Windows?

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Tue Jul 20 09:24:40 PDT 2004

Irfanview -- www.irfanview.com.  Should do most of what you want to do.  I
haven't tried the copy and paste of Windows objects, but crop, conversation,
rotate and such works great.

-- jeff

On 7/20/04 12:09 PM, "Russell Turpin" <deafbox at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not looking for a Photoshop clone, just
> something that supports basic manipulation
> such as format conversion, crop, and rotate.
> It needs to handle, minimally, png, gif, jpg,
> and the copy/paste of Windows objects,
> i.e., in and out of Visio, Powerpoint, etc.
> Variety of formats and ease-of-use count
> more than fancy photo editing. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> Russell

jeffrey kay
-- shinkuro <jeff!shinkuro.com>
-- aim <jkayk2>
-- weblog <k2.com>
-- pgp <www.k2.com/keys.htm>

securely share files and collaborate using shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- mark
twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- a biker's
guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein