[FoRK] Who would bin Laden vote for?

Russell Turpin deafbox at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 12:55:52 PDT 2004

Owen Byrne:
>The problem now, IMO, is that all those Republicans
>are unwilling to admit they have been duped. They
>would rather continue to believe the lies, at least until something forces
>them to admit their own stupidity (and complicity), which a terrorist
>attack might do, much as it did in Spain.

In my opinion, this last is completely wrong. The US
isn't Spain. If there is a significant terrorist attack on
US soil, it will cause an unthinking reaction of "gathering
around the President." It will mobilize the conservatives
to vote for Bush, and it will swing undecideds in that
direction. Yeah, I know: that makes no sense. But
that's how I think the psychology would work. The
US is not Spain.