[FoRK] clone 2

tom poe tompoe at amihost.com
Fri Jul 23 11:49:52 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 10:14, Lucas Gonze wrote:
- - - snip - - -
> That said, there's a powerful API (at webjay.org/api/help), an
> unrestricted HTML->playlist gateway (webjay.org/playthispage), six
> different flavors of playlist output, a published but anonymized full
> dataset, and the option to get unrestricted access to the live data.
- - - snip - - -

Hi, Lucas:  You're talking in a language this nummox doesn't
understand.  But, if I may, does the above mean that when SONG STORM
gathers speed, and reaches a threshold where there's significant content
in one or more genres, we can do the webjay playthispage for each genre?

Right now, we just have the webjay playthispage for the 50 plus
playlists.  Eventually, we want to convince the artists who submit their
playlists to CC-license prior to listing, and then we can break out
those from the others.  Same goes for the listeners and DJs who submit
entries.  That would let us specify playlists suitable for tools like
gnomoradio and radioaid.com.  You know, keeping with the "real"
alternative music infrastructure.  No more confused artists trying to
decide if iTunes and the RIAA way is the only way. . . . GO WEBJAY WAY!!
Tom