[FoRK] Re: BTW...

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:42:46 PDT 2004

I do wish I'd seen this.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:37:11 -0300, Owen Byrne <owen at permafrost.net> wrote:
> Stewart, on the other hand, finds it
> "dispiriting" that broadcast news has become complicit with the pre-spun
> narratives coming from both left and right: "It's Coke and Pepsi talking
> about beverage truth."

Stewart, as usual, cuts to the heart of the matter. It is a healthy
feature of our media that opinions are mostly confined to very
specific areas of the media, but at some point 'calling BS when
necessary and as evenhandedly as humanly possible' became 'never call
BS except by way of reporting when other parties call BS.' Stewart
breaks that rule; I'd think that Koppel would respect him for that- it
is old-school, in the way that Koppel would like to think that he is.
But apparently not.

Luis