[FoRK] Keeping it under wraps till November 3.

J.Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Mon Aug 2 21:05:37 PDT 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 7:46 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
> Well, certainly there's no problem demonstrating that a 14 year old can
> kill you as dead as a 21 year old with an AK-47 or any other firearm,
> assuming of course that their aim is as good as they are close to you.

I had a roommate in college who's father was assassinated by a 12 year
old.  Not random violence but a targeted hit, and apparently not
entirely unexpected as the father was a powerful political figure and
had a tendency to piss off a lot of people (as it was told to me).
This happened somewhere in India.

Not entirely related to the subject at hand, but the concept of
"children" as we normally think of it is only loosely correlated with
age when applied to the world at large.  Hell, you still have people
getting married at 14-15 in some corners of the US.

j. andrew rogers