[FoRK] Keeping it under wraps till November 3.

Gordon Mohr gojomofork at xavvy.com
Mon Aug 2 21:16:56 PDT 2004

Bill specifically did not dispute the report of child prisoner
mistreatment as bullshit. He called bullshit against one highlighted
sentence:

 >> Thank god the US liberated those orphanages.
 >> Owen

The sarcastic implication of that sentence is that the children
in the Baath regime's insitutions were better off before the US
arrived. That's the cheap shot.

Rather than disputing that mistreatment occurs, Bill explicitly
said "I have no idea what the 'real deal' is here". He's not
"offhandedly dismissing" anything, much less "the whole thing."

He did point out that if children are part of the force trying
to kill you, you've got to treat them like any other enemy
soldier. (That presumably includes shooting at them in battle, and
imprisoning them when they're captured, but not raping and
torturing them.)

C'mon, if we're going to snipe at each other, at least read what
people say, rather than mocking imaginary positions never advanced.

- Gordon