[FoRK] Keeping it under wraps till November 3.

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Mon Aug 2 21:31:54 PDT 2004

Gordon Mohr wrote:

> Bill specifically did not dispute the report of child prisoner
> mistreatment as bullshit. He called bullshit against one highlighted
> sentence:
>
> >> Thank god the US liberated those orphanages.
> >> Owen
>
> The sarcastic implication of that sentence is that the children
> in the Baath regime's insitutions were better off before the US
> arrived. That's the cheap shot.

Sorry if I don't fall down before the almighty wonderfullness that is
the United States. Are you saying that children in - oh -
- a school, hospital, or orphanage - under the Baath regime are not
better off than being in an American run PRISON where
they are tortured? I suppose the ones killed by "surgical" airstrikes
are better off too.

Oh, but wait - I went to schools outside that wonderful bastion of
freedom and democracy. Maybe I should have applied for
entry into an American prison. I would have been better off - all the
sodomy I could take.

Owen