[FoRK] Keeping it under wraps till November 3.

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Wed Aug 4 06:52:18 PDT 2004

Bill Humphries wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2004, at 6:52 PM, Joseph S. Barrera III wrote:
>
>> Ideas? Constructive comments? I'm all ears.
>

> Okay, all you libertarians, conservatives, war-supporters, and other
> fellow travelers avert your eyes.
>
> Send money. Kerry's using public financing, but the Democratic
> National Committee, MoveOn and others can use your tall dollars.
>
> -- whump

There is also this:
http://vevo.verifiedvoting.org/techwatch/

I volunteered under the "Like to Code" section - I figure I have
complained enough that I should put up or shut up. Whether they will
take a foreigner or not is another question.

Are you a technology professional interested in election integrity? A
geek who believes every vote should be recorded as intended? A techie
who stands for reliable and publicly verifiable election systems?

If so, TechWatch is for you!

TechWatch volunteers will receive training and participate in important
non-partisan election monitoring activities, observing and documenting:

    * Logic & Accuracy testing of voting technology by election
      officials prior to Election Day
    * Poll Watching on Election Day (assigned to a single polling place
      or central election office)
    * Election Incidents on Election Day (on dispatch from an Election
      Incident Reporting system to polling places within a given county)

By applying technical expertise to mind the polls, TechWatch volunteers
can chronicle election problems at this upcoming election and future
elections, as well as for follow-on litigation and policymaking, in a
way that most poll watchers cannot.

More than 750 technologists have already volunteered, but it will take
thousands of TechWatch volunteers to cover priority states and key
counties, starting with the Florida primary on August 31 and continuing
through to the November 2 general election.