[FoRK] ECC and the web

Elias Sinderson elias at cse.ucsc.edu
Wed Aug 4 13:14:12 PDT 2004

Came across this today and thought it would be of interest to some of you...

*Integrating elliptic curve cryptography into the web's security
infrastructure *
Vipul Gupta, Douglas Stebila, Sheueling Chang Shantz
Pages: 402 - 403
Full text available in PDF:  Pdf
<http://portal.acm.org:80/ft_gateway.cfm?id=1013496&type=pdf&coll=portal&dl=ACM&CFID=564852545&CFTOKEN=564852545>
(52 KB)
Abstract:
RSA is the most popular public-key cryptosystem on the Web today but
long-term trends such as the proliferation of smaller, simpler devices
and increasing security needs will make continued reliance on RSA more
challenging over time. We offer Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) as a
suitable alternative and describe our integration of this technology
into several key components of the Web's security infrastructure. We
also present experimental results quantifying the benefits of using ECC
for secure web transactions.

Regards,
Elias