[FoRK] CBS News implements playlists

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Wed Aug 4 14:10:51 PDT 2004

This just in: User playlists on CBS News web pages. They just rolled it
out today. This a major development for playlisting.

Here's their info about it:
..
     A custom playlist lets you pick the CBSNews.com videos you want to
watch and plays them one right after the other in the order you've chosen.
To create your playlist, click on the "Add To Playlist" button next to the
clips you want to see. When you are ready to start watching, click on the
"Play Playlist" button that appears in the space above.

I realize that this will sound vain and somewhat delusional, but it's very
possible that my work on playlists, and particularly the NY Times story
about playlists of news video, led to this. What a victory!

To see what I'm talking about:
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml