[FoRK] Re: Hello mudda... hello fadda.

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Wed Aug 4 14:28:37 PDT 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, at 3:37 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> RT sez:
>
>> Jeff Bone:
>> >Problem is, protest votes are just too dangerous this time around..
>>
>> Yep. Have you registered in New Mexico
>> yet? ;-)
>
> I waffle on whether to do that or not.  (I could, and more or less
> legally given certain residency requirement loopholes.)    But:  I'm
> more or less of the mind that (a) NM's likely to go overwhelmingly
> Kerry anyway, and (b) every anti-Bush vote in Texas is a louder
> protest than any other vote anywhere else.
>
> $0.02,
>
> jb

To be clear:  in the first bit, I meant "third-party protest votes."  A
vote for Kerry in Texas is still a protest vote, but it's not a
third-party grouse-about-the-2-party-system protest vote.  OTOH, the
only other state I can register in --- NM ---- probably doesn't need my
Kerry vote.

Grrrr.  Electoral college.

jb