[FoRK] ECC and the web

Robert Harley robert.harley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 16:10:32 PDT 2004

>Came across this today and thought it would be of interest to some of you...
>
>*Integrating elliptic curve cryptography into the web's security
infrastructure *
>Vipul Gupta, Douglas Stebila, Sheueling Chang Shantz
>[...]

Sheueling contacted me a couple of times a couple of years ago about
the same stuff...
described her research at Sun... enquired about working together but
decided it wasn't a go-er since I was in Paris and her in the Bay
area...

>RSA is the most popular public-key cryptosystem on the Web today but
long-term trends >such as [...] increasing security needs will make
continued reliance on RSA more
>challenging over time.  [...]

I've long doubted the security of RSA and have more concrete reasons
for doubting these days... won't say more than that... ;)