[FoRK] Popularity of Programming Languages

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Thu Aug 5 17:30:44 PDT 2004

Adam L Beberg wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2004, at 3:25 PM, Marty Halvorson wrote:
>
>> http://www.developer.com/java/other/article.php/3390001
>>
>> I always did like C, and C++.  It's interesting that C# isn't even in
>> the top ten, and it's on the way down.  What's SAS?
>

> Not unexpected at all, _if_ you're gonna go with an interpreted
> language, you go with a high level language, like PHP, Python, JScript
> and friends.
>
> .NET library, common run time, and C#? one of these things clearly
> does not belong.
>
> Java is also heading down, because PHP does web things so much better,
> and Indians work so much cheaper so java is moving elsewhere.
>
> There is also a long term trend away from languages that you need to
> thing to use, toward ones that you can train someone to use that was
> serving fast food the month before.
>
> - Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
>   http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/

Well the singlemindedness of your various responses to everything -
don't you realize that you basically look stupid. i.e. dumb, on the left
side of the IQ scale, moronic. Try a different tack the next time. One
good sign of intelligence - which I have yet to see you demonstrate - is
the ability to see things from other people's perspectives. Or any other
perspective at all.

Interpreted languages are the way to go for the simple reason that
programmer time - more now than ever - is a scarce resource. .NET is all
about customer lock-in - and customers are staying away in droves.

And here is another suggestion - Indians are not only cheaper, but
probably better. Certainly better than prima donnas like yourself.
Owen