[FoRK] Bay Area FoRKs (Need a job?)

Elias Sinderson elias at cse.ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 6 07:32:00 PDT 2004

Hey now,

We're looking for someone special* to help us develop a component
framework that will become the foundation for the next generation of
NASAs mission operations systems. Since you're all such a sharp set of
FoRKs, I thought I'd put this out there and see if anyone was
interested. This is a multi year project, with our first operational
customers being the 2009 Mars Science Lander mission, and a fantastic
career opportunity for the right person. If you have any questions or
want to apply, respond to me directly...

Regards,
Elias

* Job Description:
NASA Ames Research Center is seeking a Senior Engineer to join a new
project developing Mission Control Technologies. The team is based at
Moffett Field, California with travel to/from Pasadena, California., The
Senior Engineer will lead a team of engineers in designing and
developing frameworks that form the foundation for building future NASA
mission systems from cooperating live components that provide a
seamless, flexible and consistent environment for conducting science and
engineering operations., Candidate should be highly proficient in Java,
C++ and Linux as well as having a strong background in systems
technologies: systems design, object and component technologies,
distributed computing, collaboration technologies and storage systems. ,
Candidate should be confident in leading and coaching a team of
engineers and have a good working knowledge of the SQE/SQA process.,
Lead Engineer will be working closely with his/her systems engineering
counterparts at the Jet Propulsion laboratory in Pasadena, California.,
Candidate should have experience in a high-paced and innovative
development environment., MUST BE a US Citizen or Resident Alien (green
card holder)., JOB LOCATION: NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field,
California

Education:
Master's Degree in Computer Science with at least 8 years of experience.

Required Skills:
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac OS
- Languages and Object Concepts: Knowledge of Smalltalk and related
concepts, extensive knowledge and experience in Java; working knowledge
of frameworks, objects and components, Java and C++
- Must have experience leading teams of five or more programmers
- Experience in mission critical software development projects, working
with multi-disciplinary teams, including architects and human interface
designers
- Must have excellent communication skills (written, oral and verbal)
- Must work well in a laboratory environment interfacing with team
members and the customer