[FoRK] The Corporation...
Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK)
fork at ianbell.com
Fri Aug 6 15:43:58 PDT 2004
The United States' 14th Amendment was designed after the civil war, in
which 600,000 people were killed, to deliver black people from slavery.
Shortly thereafter, corporate lawyers went to the Supreme Court of the
U.S. to advocate that corporations were deserving of all of the same
legal rights as a person. From 1890-1910 there were 307 cases brought
to the Supreme Court under the 14th amendment. 19 of these were blacks
or former slaves. 288 were corporations asserting their rights to
life, liberty, and property.
So if a corporation is a person, how would they be as your neighbour?
Personality Diagnostic Checklist, World Health Organization ICD-10,
Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV.
1. A callous unconcern for the feelings of others
2. An incapacity to maintain enduring relationships
3. Reckless disregard for the safety of others
5. Repeated lying and conning others for profit
6. An incapacity to experience guilt
7. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behavior
The Corporation - A film by Mark Achbar, Jennifer Abbott, and Joel
A Review of the Movie:
More information about the FoRK