[FoRK] The Corporation...

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Fri Aug 6 19:47:54 PDT 2004

Just because a corporation has rights as a "person" in some countries
doesn't make anthropomorphizing valid.

If any of those pathological characteristics describe a corporation,
they do so because of the actions of humans.

Are some corporations bad? Sure - but that's only because some people
are.

The film might argue that corporations, by their very nature, encourage
bad behaviour from people but even if that's true (and I think it's a
ridiculous generalization), at the end of the day the actions of the
corporation are the results of decisions made by *people*.

James

--
  James Tauber               http://jtauber.com/
  journeyman of some    http://jtauber.com/blog/