[FoRK] The Corporation...

Mark Day mark_s_day at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 7 06:49:47 PDT 2004

 > at the end of the day the actions of the corporation are the results of
decisions made by *people*.

True, but the people make those decisions in accord with the
rules/environment they are in.  I can't tell you how many times I've been in
a meeting where people distinguish between what they would choose to do and
what they consider to be in the best interests of the organization.

I haven't seen the movie, but I think it's legitimate to observe that the
rules of corporate behavior are not immutable laws of the universe, and to
ask whether those rules are producing the right overall effects.  I am
skeptical that radical change is a good idea, but I think it's healthy to be
aware of the artificial nature of the constraints.

--Mark