[FoRK] From the "oops" department

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Aug 7 08:59:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 02:01:42PM -0700, Elias Sinderson wrote:

> It really depends on your investment time frame and what market you're
> talking about. The plain and simple fact is that land is a limited
> resource...

Let's say I can airdrop a cheap magic box anywhere, which unfolds into a solar-powered
climatized house. It makes water and food from thin air, and provides
immersive global connectivity via LEO wireless.

Why would people still want to aggregate physically, and drive the prices up?

Okay, use some nonreproducible scarcity to signal social hierarchy, which
would cause clustering. Maybe.