[FoRK] The Corporation...

Owen Byrne owen at permafrost.net
Sat Aug 7 16:37:48 PDT 2004

A corporation is just a mechanism. for raising capital. If a corporation
is evil, then its likely because, , to quote a phrase "Money is the root
of all evil."
Specifically in the US, its probably the vast difference in wealth
between the top and the bottom - essentially a recreation of the
European "nobility" but lacking the constraints on the behaviour of the
nobility that has evolved over thousands of years in Europe.
For starters, the nobility in Europe at least have a concrete fear of
getting their heads cut off as a result of a violent peasent uprising

Perhaps the US needs their own Robespierre and a good reign of terror.
Start with the Bush family and go from there.

Owen

Oh, I agree. I'm not denying at all that members of an institution will