[FoRK] Items you own

Meltsner, Kenneth Kenneth.Meltsner at ca.com
Mon Aug 30 20:14:28 PDT 2004

My wife used to be a science fiction/mystery book reviewer, and still reviews random books for our local newspaper.  We have about 7,000 (or more) books.  My latest bookcase project will double our hardcover capacity by adding ~100 linear feet of shelves.  A typical library bookcase might have 20 or so linear feet of shelves.

And of course, that's just the hardcovers.  We also have shelves for trade paperbacks and regular paperbacks.  Lots of shelves.  Shelves on all floors of our house.  Shelves in the hall.  Shelves in the boys' rooms.  Shelves in the guest bedroom.  Shelves in the basement (unfortunately).

So, you think you have lots of books?  I'll show you lots of books....

[Our van has plates with "2 MNY BKS."  Might as well be proud of your addictions. ]

Ken