[FoRK] Items you own

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Aug 30 20:58:47 PDT 2004

I renovated my office during the last year and included about 160 linear
feet of metal bookshelf space.  I researched metal bookshelves, bought
them as a reseller, and had them delivered FOB (I had to order 13 to get
free shipping).
The rest of the house, mainly the "library" and the "library annex" has
about 320 linear feet of oak, pressboard, or metal shelving.  20%
periodicals (every issue of Wired, Dr. Dobbs, that kind of thing),
mostly hardbacks or technical soft, and some fiction or other softcovers.

If we estimate that there are 8 books per foot (about what my sampling
gives) and 20 periodicals per foot, I have about 3000 books and 3000
periodicals.  I should get rid of about 2000 of each, but when is there
time for that?

sdw