[FoRK] Mac G4/Darwin...

J.Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Wed Sep 1 00:06:14 PDT 2004

On Aug 31, 2004, at 5:55 PM, Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) wrote:
> I strongly recommend against using Entourage.  The v.X version crashed
> fairly reliably when mailboxes got to ~2GB in size and took with it
> its whole proprietary database, which is the only way to debabelize
> the proprietary format it's stored in (along with your contacts,
> calendars, and everything else).
> Entourage works great until it doesn't, and then you're fucked.

Yep, yep, and yep.

I am a former Entourage user.  It was a great client until it died
violently, apparently due to having excessively large mailboxes.

It annoys me to no end that most mail clients are engineered such that
they'll start to suck or break if your average email load is, say,
greater than that of my parents.  I get gobs of email and always have,
and one way or another that seems to break or render useless most email
clients.

I haven't had a problem with Evolution (yet), but that isn't my main
mail client and so I haven't really exercised it.  Every other client
has failed me in one way or another.

j. andrew rogers