[FoRK] Guantanamo By The Hudson; Asses of Evil

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Sep 2 10:58:11 PDT 2004

Ryan Junell via Lisa Rein:

	http://www.onlisareinsradar.com/archives/002173.php

Undue Process
September 01, 2004
UNDO Process At "The Guantanamo By The Hudson" (At The Republican
National Convention)

This just in from Ryan Junell:

     From: ryan junell
     Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:54:42 -0400
     To: free.eddie at texasmonkey.com
     Subject: FREE EDDIE!

     the rnc video project is in a weird spot... while I was inside the
convention hall last night holding up a sign that said "girlymen for
arnold" (I voted green in cali, btw)... project producer eddie codel
was following the action at one of the protests when he got fenced in
by cops arresting everyone on the block. they arrested over 1000 people
last night and have detained them at the piers for now over 20 hours.

     honestly, I don't know what to do. he has not even been BOOKED yet
(I called central booking). I'm about to file a missing persons claim
on him because he is really nowhere to be seen.

     THE BIG FUCKING PROBLEM is that I think they are holding these
protestors in cages down by the water for as long as they can possibly
do it so that they don't return to the streets to protest the second
they are let out!!! this is BULLSHIT!!! what happened to due
process!?!!

     anyways.... I think you guys should know this and if you have any
insight to the situation please let me know. I'm pretty sure the mass
media has agreed to choke this story but there are literally thousands
of people protesting this convention. sunday's march was without
question over 400,000 if not a full half million. seriously.

     eddie is an inspired political activist. we started working
together six years ago on an event series about independent publishing
on the internet. he's gone on to do work with indyvoter.org, the matt
gonzalez campaign, and a ton of other non profit benevolent projects.
he's got a heart of gold and a really awesome and gnarly sense of
humor.

     I feel bad now that I convinced him to come to nyc and work on this
project over burning man this year (he didn't need much convincing).
right now he could be delirious, tired, smelly and around the coolest
people in the world out in the desert instead of delirious, tired,
smelly and around the coolest people in the world in the guantanomo by
the hudson.

     throw money his way via the paypal link at www.junell.net or do a
search for "girlymen" on ebay and donate there. or just drop him a line
and let him know he's a kickass fighter! eddie at eddie.com

     and watch this:

     http://in8.com/fucknewyork/Resources/fucknewyork.mov

Posted by Lisa at September 01, 2004 05:57 PM | TrackBack