[FoRK] Guantanamo By The Hudson; Asses of Evil

Justin Mason jm at jmason.org
Thu Sep 2 12:38:29 PDT 2004

Stephen D. Williams writes:
> Doesn't anyone have a picture of this?

there's lots of phone-cam photos of people being arrested; but once inside
the detention center, it sounds like all possessions have been confiscated
(including cameras, of course).

> If they're doing this, they are going to have massive backlash.
> Wouldn't this be a hayday for Hillary while it is happening?

Massive backlash from who?   The usual suspects (indymedia, leftie sites,
ACLU etc.) will try to kick up a fuss, but that doesn't really make much
of a backlash these days -- the talking point is "these are long-haired
protester types, not respectable folk, so don't worry about it."

They did this kind of thing in Miami, too, reportedly, and I've
never heard of a backlash from that.

- --j.