[FoRK] Wired Article on Pebble Reactors in China

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Thu Sep 2 15:37:29 PDT 2004

They just have to be careful when they stamp them Made In China.

Maybe it won't be long before we can wrap them with carbon nanotube fiber.
Isn't the ceramic or whatever on the outside supposed to prevent this?
Certainly you need a good process, but you probably could ultrasound or
something each pebble to assure uniform thickness.  If you make the
ceramic a composite with carbon fiber or spun boron or something
similar, it starts becoming more impervious to physical compromise.

sdw