[FoRK] So much for the Catholics

Bill Humphries bill at whump.com
Thu Sep 2 21:38:49 PDT 2004

On Sep 2, 2004, at 9:20 PM, Owen Byrne wrote:

>> He said: “While there has always been many fine leaders in the GOP
>> (Republican Party) with excellent records on Irish affairs, there has
>> also been – as a matter of historical fact – a strong anti-Irish
>> Catholic element, the ’no Pope here’, crowd.”

My girlfriend's younger brother is at the RNC. He's Catholic and a
recent transplant to Georgia from SoCal. It's already been hinted that
he needs to ditch the BVM if he wants to get ahead in the Party.

In the Democratic Party, they sneer at everyone's religion equally.
It's not like they are biased in favor of one sect.

-- whump