[FoRK] I hope all the FoRKers in Florida have moved tohigh ground...

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Fri Sep 3 07:39:36 PDT 2004

Russell Turpin wrote on 9/2/2004 2:18 PM:
> Adam L Beberg:
>
>> Noone smart enough to be on FoRK is stupid enough to live in Florida...
>

> Beberg, don't be an ass. California
> gets earthquakes, forest fires, and
> mudslides. Kansas gets tornados.
> New York gets blizzards. So Florida
> gets hurricanes. It's also warm,
> pretty, has lots of coastline, and is
> just a short sail from down island.

A tornado takes out one trailer park... a couple mil. Not a big deal.
the damage is very very localized. Ice storms will hurt the power
company and some trees, but snow doesn't break much, it's just fluffy
white water :)

A hurricane takes out the whole state, natioanal economic crisis - that
florida residents don't even end up paying for, us Minnesotans do.

Yes Californians are dumb too. No local water, earthquakes, massive
fires... did I mention no local water? They are screwed long term anyway.

Adam L. Beberg - beberg at mithral.com
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/