[FoRK] [Fwd: WinFS' Spot on Back Burner Nothing New]

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Wed Sep 8 19:30:25 PDT 2004

I thought for sure that someone FoRKed this link, but I can't seem to find
the post.  So if my memory is failing me, forgive me -- they say that your
memory is the second thing to go.

> Posted by Hemos on Monday September 06, @11:13AM
> from the no-matching-records dept.

> ozy writes "With all the fuss about searching and Spotlight and WinFS, check
> out the Database File System [1] a completely different interface for your
> files, implemented in KDE. There is actually a request for developers to join
> a project to implement this under GNOME and leave how we use the desktop today
> behind."

[1] http://ozy.student.utwente.nl/projects/dbfs/

-- jeff

On 9/8/04 10:03 PM, "Justin Mason" <jm at jmason.org> wrote:

jeffrey kay
-- shinkuro <jeff!shinkuro.com>
-- aim <jkayk2>
-- weblog <k2.com>
-- pgp <www.k2.com/keys.htm>

securely share files and collaborate using shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" -- mark
twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window and
locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" -- a biker's
guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X is
work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein