[FoRK] Salon on Bushs' (lack of) Service

Lucas Gonze lgonze at panix.com
Thu Sep 9 14:23:15 PDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
> I'm not saying that Kerry was a disreputable soldier, and I'm not saying
> the the SBVT folks are being dishonest.  What I am saying is that there
> is no obvious truth and that the SBVT folks played their hand
> brilliantly in convincing veterans of their position -- this last part
> is a fact no matter who is lying.

You're misreading the conversation that the SBVT are in, Andrew.  They're
laying out a big fat line of bullshit for everybody to see, so that they
can push Kerry around in public.  The conversation isn't about whether
there's any truth to the allegations, it's about whether Kerry can do
anything about a blatant lie.

Kerry has a stack of medals as thick as a phone book -- there's no doubt
that he was a distinguished soldier.  That's a non-conversation.