[FoRK] I hope all the FoRKers in Florida have moved to high ground...

Wayne Baisley baisley at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Sep 21 19:47:23 PDT 2004

> http://bash.org/GODvsBUSH.gif

Yes, I see.  No Democratic county got any break because the eye never
passed over them; just constant blessings of severe wind and rain.

> I hope all the FoRKers in Florida have moved to high ground...

High ground?  You mean like, say, in Colorado?

And as for Florida's energy consumption, it's fairly modest.  While they
rank 3rd in per capita petroleum consumption (but way behind Texas and
California), their total fuel usage puts them in 4th place from the
bottom.  In fact, to really burn fuel, nothing does it like living large
and frigid.  Alaska's per capita consumption is over 4 times Florida's.

<http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/states/sep_sum/html/pdf/rank_use_all.pdf>

Of course nothing can explain Louisiana.  ;-)

Cheers,
Wayne