[FoRK] Duck, Geege....

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Sep 24 16:57:05 PDT 2004

At 01:43 PM 9/23/2004, Russell Turpin wrote:
>After dithering around out in the Atlantic,
>Jeanne once again is taking aim at the
>Florida east coast:
>
>http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT11/refresh/AL1104W5+GIF/231458W5.gif
>
>Meanwhile, Ivan has spawned off Son of
>Ivan, which returned to the gulf, and is
>now aimed for my neck of the woods:
>
>http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W+GIF/231458W.gif
>
>All it needs to do to complete its weird
>path is cross the Gulf of Campeche south-
>bound, cross the Yucatan east-bound,
>and then whack the Caymans for a
>second time!

heh. Good luck.

I'm on the West coast, so my sympathies to Geege. (I asked Joe about how
she was doing since I hadn't seen any posts at FoRk, presumably b/c of
power outages). I, fortunately, have only dealt with minor power outages.
If I stay in limpdick (my pet name for this hole), I'm definitely buying a
generator. I do not want to experience, as Geege has, days without power.
Here in the Tampa Bay area, we haven't yet seen more than sustained 50 mph
winds, but there've been people without power for two weeks. When the heat
index points at 105 farenheit....it is just ugly.

Anyway, my partner found this site. I dig the images:

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/tropic.html

Kelley

(Anywhere But Limpdick '08)

"We're in a fucking stagmire."