[FoRK] Don't Cry For Me, California

Geege geege4 at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 25 05:05:55 PDT 2004

Lived here since I was four years old.  Not recent, in other words.  8-)

St. Augustine, billed as "The Nation's Oldest City", has it right.  In the
historic district off the Matanzas Bay, where I lived for five years, the
streets are narrow, oriented perpendicular to the bay and bordered by high
buildings (two-story).  Breezes off the bay are drawn into the town through
the narrow brick streets, which are just wide enough for one car.

Man, I miss that place!