[FoRK] Application Streaming at its best - Encarta stlye 2 Gigs worth

peter kilby peterkilby at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 3 00:20:38 PST 2004

Thanks!  But as you have probably found out, technology is only about 10-20%
of starting a successful commercial venture.

i.e. the road to hell is paved with the best technologies.

Peter

> Tadpole Technology plc announced on June 17, 2004  that its Endeavors
> Technology subsidiary had won a streaming software contract from Microsoft.
> Under the terms of the contract, Microsoft would use Endeavors' AppExpress
> streaming on-demand software technology to stream software titles to the
> desktop and laptop PCs of North American consumers.

So is this also being used by Guild Wars and many other games? Because
it's very slick, but also technologically trivia to do, and has been
done for decades. Some of my old stuff from 95/96 does that in fact.

Still, another win for a FoRKer, woohoo!

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/