[FoRK] Irregularities, or the lack thereof

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Nov 3 09:10:09 PST 2004

 From 3% to 99% of precincts reporting, I never saw CNN waver from 51%
Bush and 48% Kerry.  This seems extremely unlikely.

Virginia was for a while called too close to call, a complete surprise
as noted, then 30 minutes later it was magically in the proper range.

There are a lot of comments about exit polls being so far off.  What if
they weren't?

I suppose there is no point in being suspicious; if there was
underhandedness it will eventually come out, throwing very sticky
taint-paint on anyone involved or benefiting.  The comment from the
Diebold chief about guarunteeing Ohio will haunt us for a while.
Hopefully there is some court action somewhere that will provide for
complete inspection of machines, software, communication, processes, and
offiicials involved in using Diebold machines.