[FoRK] [Pigdog] Civil war (fwd from evan@bad.dynu.ca)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Nov 4 05:12:07 PST 2004

----- Forwarded message from Evan Prodromou <evan at bad.dynu.ca> -----

From: Evan Prodromou <evan at bad.dynu.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:34:08 -0500
Subject: [Pigdog] Civil war

Why is it that concession speeches always make these oblique references
to violent opposition to the election results? Like, "Tonight I'm asking
my followers not to riot and kill over these elections. Now is not the
time for our violent overthrow of the American system of government.
Please, go home, brood quietly, store ammunition, and wait for the
signal."

What the fuck? Why does John Kerry have to call for "peace" and "unity"?
I'm not going to die in the streets for half-ass John Kerry and the
shit-eating Democratic Party. Who the fuck does he think he is? He can
go fuck himself.

I want to see the candidate who gets up and says, "I was right
yesterday, and I'm right today: Mr. President, you are unfit for this or
any other office, and I and my organization are going to make it our
quest to make this job as difficult for you as we possibly can. I will
be on your heels for the next four years, questioning your every move
and blocking as much as I can. And I will be back to run again, and I
will be ready to get your job." I wouldn't be ready to shoot anyone for
that guy, but you bet I'd be willing to help him win next time around.

All this gutless "healing" shit is for fucking idiots. It's not like our
only choices are fraternal warfare and total submission. There's a
healthy middle ground of political conflict -- the dialectic of civil
life that is the lifeblood of a functioning democracy. Why do we have to
pretend we love our new ant overlords?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou                  .O.