[FoRK] Should Democrats Get Religion?

Jeffrey Kay jeff at k2.com
Thu Nov 4 09:35:19 PST 2004

Now this worries me -- the Democratic party deciding that it should
become the party of the faithful.

-- jeff

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/04/politics/main653667.shtml

> Should Democrats Get Religion?
>
> The Democratic Party's sharp defeat in the 2004 election has already
> produced a round of soul searching.
>
> The GOP recaptured the White House and strengthened its hold on
> Congress with powerful support from churchgoers.
>
> Now some in the party are saying that the Democrats need to reach out
> to these voters with a faith-based appeal.
>
> "I don't hesitate to stand up in a crowd and express how important
> faith is in my life. It is important to be able to express that in a
> way that is believable, and Democrats have to get comfortable doing
> that," Sen. Blanche Lincoln, D-Ark., told the Washington Post.

jeffrey kay
weblog <k2.com> pgp key <www.k2.com/keys.htm> aim <jkayk2>
share files with me -- get shinkuro -- <www.shinkuro.com>

"first get your facts, then you can distort them at your leisure" --
mark twain
"if the person in the next lane at the stoplight rolls up the window
and locks the door, support their view of life by snarling at them" --
a biker's guide to life
"if A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y plus Z. X
is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- albert einstein