[FoRK] Should Democrats Get Religion?

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 10:01:08 PST 2004

I could live with a faith-based approach that concentrated on social
justice, preventing war, helping others, etc.  I'm tired of the
Calvinist segment of the Republican party.  Even though I'm not a
believer myself, I hate the fact that they've co-opted most of them
into a cause that centers on greed and self-achievement.

Comes from believing that the "correct" stance on abortion and
homosexuals is more important than the Republican's approach to issues
like peace and poverty.  Problem with litmus tests is that you end up
with corrosive policies....

Ken Meltsner