[FoRK] Let's start speaking the truth...

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn at rbii.com
Thu Nov 4 10:40:23 PST 2004

On Nov 4, 2004, at 1:15 PM, Russell Turpin wrote:

> One change, desparately needed, is to escape this
> Orwellian speech of terrorists, as if they had no
> cause or reason other than terror. We are at war
> not with communists or fascists or separatists, but
> with fundamentalists. That's what we need to
> call them.

Nowhere *near* as sexy as "terrorist" I'm afraid. Not likely to survive
in the meme pool.

This isn't about fundamentalists only either... a lot of the people in
the world really *do* feel oppressed by American interests. I'm sure
the relatives of the 15,000 (at least) killed in Iraq/Afghanistan don't
feel happy about US policy...