[FoRK] Shooting dice with Zogby, or, Poll-less pollstering

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu Nov 4 18:17:24 PST 2004

On Nov 4, 2004, at 5:14 PM, Lorin Rivers wrote:

> Don't forget that it's about hate/fear too.

Cribbing my earlier message to Geege:  it's fear, greed, fear, greed,
fear...  the only two basic human emotions.  Unf. it's less greed than
fear, and even more unfortunately it's less of either (in fact
diametrically opposed) vs. truth relative to the memetic stream spun
out by the "right."

The really unfortunate thing is that 2008 is EVEN MORE likely to be
more of the same than this year was re: 2000 --- UNLESS the Dems can
acquire the memetic engineering competency that the GOP has acquired at
great cost over the last 15 years.

This may seem rather bleak, but I'm saying:  ain't going to happen.
Not until liberals realize that "reason" is no longer the order of the
day.  We've passed the tipping point.  The battle can no longer be won
on merits, rather only on execution.

Goering, ever wrong in the short term, is right in the current context.

jb