[FoRK] Global Guerrillas

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) fork at ianbell.com
Fri Nov 5 08:30:54 PST 2004

My limited understanding of Hydrogen is that, as alternative energy
goes, it's fool's gold.  The processes for the creation of Hydrogen
require a huge amount of energy in the form of electricity or
compressed natural gas.  In the US, this most probably means that
fossil fuels are still burned, emissions are still created, as you
create and recharge hydrogen fuel cells.  Currently Hydrogen costs
$3-$4 per gallon to make.

There's a lot of hype about hydrogen vis-a-vis global warming, but at
present it looks like all you're really doing is redistributing the
environmental impact from the tail pipe to the hydrogen generation
facilities.  My suggestion is to locate all of those in the Red States.

-Ian.