[FoRK] Re: fear / greed

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Fri Nov 5 19:07:28 PST 2004

DL misses my point, which is this:  all human motivations break down
into "I want..." and "I don't want..."  That's not ignoring the matter
of degrees, satisfiability, etc.  It's just a simple statement of fact.
  In the spirit of blunt intellectual honesty, I choose to call those
motivations "greed" and "fear" respectively, with no implied value
judgment or qualification.

I am however disappointed that Dave failed to give me the obvious
roast, which is:  if "fear" means "I don't want..." then what does "I
don't want to be afraid" mean? ;-)

jb