[FoRK] Re: fear / greed

Victor B. Stan victor_b_stan at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 5 20:35:32 PST 2004

I don't have two first names...

Reminds me of that saying back home in my kid days: "Don't trust people
with green eyes." ... i have green eyes.

And, why would you ask rhetorical questions twice? Kinda defeats the
purpose no?

And this is not my first time posting here...

Finally,

What's with your condescending attitude?

- Victor B. Stan
----------------
Two hundred years ago, Rousseau wrote with withering contempt about his
civilized countrymen who have lost the very concept of freedom and "do
nothing but boast incessantly of the peace and repose they enjoy in
their chains.... But when I see the others sacrifice pleasures, repose,
wealth, power, and life itself for the preservation of this sole good
which is so disdained by those who have lost it; when I see animals born
free and despising captivity break their heads against the bars of their
prison; when I see multitudes of entirely naked savages scorn European
voluptuousness and endure hunger, fire, the sword, and death to preserve
only their independence, I feel that it does not behoove slaves to
reason about freedom."